This BEAUTIFUL 2016 Hughes 38 was recently launched in 2016. The Hughes 38 was designed for the Cruising Club of America Rule by Sparks & Stephens (design #1903) The hull was commissioned and built in 1990, however, the boat was completed and launched in 2016. She has various options that can easily be modified easily to suit your needs. Currently, she is equipped with a tiller, however, can be easily modified to a wheel. As there currently is no windlass, the owners are in the process of purchasing and setting her up a with a windlass. She has classic lines with modern furnishings! If you’re looking for a nearly new boat at a fraction of the price look no further! We have a recent survey available upon request.
Contact Trevor Matthew to schedule a viewing 604-353-3713
- 6400 lbs modified fin keel and skeg hung rudder
- Extra thickness fiberglass hull with ariex core.
- The hull bottom is epoxy coated with 4 coats of international barrier coat and 3 coats of VC Offshore (bottom coat original done in April 2016, then re-coated with VC Offshore in May 2017, cleaned and zinc changed in August 2018).
- 4 cylinder universal M4-30 diesel
- 3 blade brass propeller (Zinc changed in August 2018).
- Approx. 450 hours on the engine
- 90 gal diesel tank
- Recent oil change and servicing (March 2018)
- Isomat mast and boom
- Professionally rigged by Pro-tech Yacht services. Stepped in 2016 with new wire standing and all new running rigging.
- Stainless Steel chain plates
- Harken Furler
- 2 Harken 40 self-tailing winches
- 3 Antal 30 self-tailing winches
- 1- Mainsail
- 1- #2 jib
- 1- #3 jib
- 1- Asymmetrical Spinnaker with cruising sock
- Mainsail cover
- Teak overlay on walking sections of deck, cockpit and cabin top. Re-caulked in 2016
- Gum-wood rub strake
- Teak interior
- Teak and Holly Sole Cabin
- Teak and Honduras mahogany dovetail drawers
- All structural components inside are fir ply with 1/8 teak ply overlay
- Hull liner white upholstered panels under deck panels (All panels are easily removable)
- Typical S&S interior layout with port-side aft quarter birth
- New washable blue micro-fiber cushions in 2017.
- U-shaped dinette turns into a double bed.
- Automatic Rule Pump with switch
- Manual Whale Pump – gusher 10 (on outer deck with 20’ of flexi-pipe in lazarette)
- Gray water – Whale Gulper IC pump with two way manifold
- 12 v pressure domestic water system with SS Domestic hot water 110 v/engine heat exchanger
- 2 Sinks and Shower with plumbing and sump (Jabsco Par-Max 3.5 water pressure pump and Whale IC grey water discharge pump)
- 2 Freshwater 50 gal tanks (one per side under the settees)
- Built-in large ice box (drains to the grey water bilge pump).
- Force 10 2 burner stove with oven (10lb propane tank, with Trident marine Gas control and detection system)
- Double sink with hot/cold water (plumbed in hot water from the heat exchanger and grey water discharge pump)
- Garmin echomap CV depth sounder and in-hull transducer
- ICOM VHF marine radio
- Raymarine ST2000 Auto tiller
- Blue Sea DC Panel
- DC USB charging connection
- Battery monitor
- Shore power with Smartplug
- Newmar galvanic isolator
- Blue Sea AC panel
- 2 GFCI outlet
- Jabsco toilet direct discharge and holding tank.
- Single sink with shower attachment (plumbed in hot water from the heat exchanger and grey water discharge pump)
- Bow roller assembly with 35 lbs Delta Plow anchor with 70′ 5/8 chain and 200’ rode.