Do you have your PCOC?
Pleasure Craft Operator Card
It is now the law that all Canadian boat operators must carry proof of competency – normally a Pleasure Craft Operator Card – to operate a boat with a motor.
It’s often referred to as “the Card”, licence, or PCOC. The easiest way to get your card is online with BOATEREXAM.COM.
There is a $250 fine for vessel operators operating a vessel without it.
Who exactly must carry proof of competency?
- Everyone operating a boat with a motor (including electric)
- Operators under 16 cannot operate personal watercraft (PWC).
- Operators under 12 are restricted to 10 hp (7.5kw) unless supervised by someone 16+.
- Operators 12-16 years old are restricted to 40 hp (30kw) unless supervised by someone 16+.
- There is no legal minimum age to get the Card.